First, as the Lash Family we love God! We will not allow Satan to destroy our family, faith, or spirit.
Last night, I took a shower downstairs and then ran upstairs and started a load of laundry. I went to our bedroom put socks on then returned to the addition to get Madison's meds. When I opened the door it sounded like I left the shower on....to my dismay it was actually water pouring out of a can light in the ceiling downstairs.... I ran upstairs shut the washer off (still no clue how I knew it was the washer) and then started screaming for Ryan...
We spent the next hour drying up water in the basement all the new drywall (ceilings and walls) is ruined. SERVPRO came a little before noon to start the drying out process, tape off the entire addition from the rest of our home, and help with a safe plan of action for repair with Madison in the home.
Yes, I have cried! Ryan thankfully came home this afternoon to help me move all of Madison's medicines and med frig and talk to insurance and SERVPRO.
I have called Madison's doctors and not sure what the safest plan of action for Madison is at this point. No mold has even started growing so that is good, but once construction starts it may not be safe for us to stay here. SERVPRO has been amazing! They have literally closed off the addition from our home (vents, doors, etc.) and all drywall and water damage has been removed.
The doctors feel we should be fine to stay here over the weekend.
We are not allowing even immediate family to come over at this point since we don't have a "cleaning area."
Happy Valentines' Day Weekend from the Lash Family❤️