Day 308: Train up a child in the way he should go, And even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
This verse has spoken to me this week... Train up a child in the way he should go, And even when he is old he will not depart from it. - Proverbs 22:6
This week I've been in much prayer about parenting. On Tuesday, God woke me up from nap time with the kids. I know Ryan and I are the best parents for our kids just like you are for yours. The question that I've thought about all week is, "How does God want us to be parenting our kids?"
There is so much noise on the outside of our homes. How do we keep it from entering? The heartbreaking truth is the noise of this world is killing so many. My Facebook newsfeed shared that another local young woman killed herself this week. On average there are 117 suicides each day in the United States. (https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/)
I'm aware, as all of you are; about the noise that surrounds all of our families. How do we protect and parent our children in a way God would be proud? This question I've prayed over all week and this is what I've concluded. I want to challenge you to pray over this question and ask God to reveal his plan for your family.
1.Pray for Harrison, Maebry, and Madison daily! The truth is every child needs different things from you. Asking God to show you how to meet their needs is key.
2. Teach our kids that the noise can be put on mute. Negativity is everywhere! It is emotionally, spiritually, and physically draining. Our kids are little so simply muting the television and showing them that negativity is never going away, but we don't have to listen to it. As they are ready we will be addressing more closely.
3. Telling and showing our kids they are loved by God and us every single day.
4. Sharing with our kids the importance of loving God and reading the bible with our kids daily.
5. Sharing with our kids the importance of loving others. Allowing are kids to be apart of things God is calling us to do for others.
6. Being present! Our kids need us! If we don't guide, listen, and love them the noise of this world will.
I'm not going to share my opinion on the politics, headlines in the news, etc. I refuse to fuel the noise that surrounds us all. My concern is too much energy is spent on hate rather than love.
Here are some scriptures I lean to when praying and putting this into practice with my own family.
2 Timothy 3:1